Organic Einkorn Flour
Doves Farm Einkorn Wholemeal Flour Einkorn or triticum monococcum, was the original wheat, developed over 20,000 years ago. We have been growing einkorn on our farm since 2008 and think the flour is perfect for bread baking Doves Farm Organic.
Based on the Wiltshire/Berkshire border, Doves Farm Foods was established in 1978 by Michael and Clare Marriage. All the products found under the Doves Farm label are all based upon grains and cereals or are complimentary to them. Flour milling and cereal processing produce the company’s core products for professional and industrial users as well as the building blocks for Doves Farm baked products. A wide range of specialist and gourmet flours are milled from a variety of grains and seeds. With a variety of tastes and textures, Doves Farm flours have a unique character. The home baking flour range offers 17 different flours with some suitable for those on diabetic, wheat free, gluten free or other special diets. Many years expertise with cereal based foods enabled us to add breakfast cereals, cookies, sweet and savoury biscuits as well as cakes and bread. All Doves Farm products are vegetarian, quite a few are vegan and several of the company’s products are also suitable for those on gluten free, wheat free, or diabetic diets.
Doves Farm Einkorn Wholemeal Flour.
- It grows on tall stalks which are distinguished by their short, flat, two row seed head which enclose small grains in an inedible husk
- After harvest we remove the husk and mill the grain into a soft golden flour on our millstones
- Einkorn Flour makes great rustic style breads and pizza bases either on its own or blended half and half with white bread flour
- Add baking powder to einkorn to make artisan style cakes
- We have been growing einkorn on our farm since 2008 and think the flour is perfect for bread baking
- Doves Farm Organic
- By: Doves Farm
Organically grown einkorn wheat
Contains gluten (naturally present in wheat).
Typical values per 100g Energy 348kcal Energy 1472KJ Protein 10.6g Carbohydrate 64.5g (of which sugars) 1.0g Fat 3.4g (of which saturates) 0.4g Fibre 8.8g Sodium trace
Each bag contains 1kg
Allergens – Contains wheat.