Find out whats going on in your gut today and start working towards a more healthy and diverse microbiome.
Lowest priced test available in the UK!
Boil the milk before hand and then allow it too cool back down to room temperature. Never place your starter culture into hot milk. Always allow it to cool back down after boiling!
1. Fill a jug with with your previously boiled and now cooled down milk. The amount of milk to be used is dependant on how much starter you purchased, eg (0.5g starter packs requires 2 litres of milk, 1g required 4 litres and 2g requires 8 litres.).
2. Add your organic Polish natural yoghurt starter to the milk and stir VERY well. We recommend you stir it for around 5 minutes to ensure it is fully incorporated.
3. Add the milk and starter to your yoghurt maker jars/ pots.
4. Heat the yoghurt for 4-10 hours (until thick). Usually we find this happens around 8 hours.
5. Place the yoghurt into the fridge until it has cooled and set (2-4 hours). It is now ready to eat.
6. Ensure you keep back enough organic Polish natural yoghurt each time you make it to re-culture the next batch. You will need roughly one tablespoon of the culture per 500ml of milk. Always re-culture from fresh yoghurt no older than 7 days for the best results.
7. If you can’t eat your Polish natural yoghurt that day, it will keep in the refrigerator up to 7 days, and you can use it to re-culture other bowls during that time.
8. Ensure you re-culture your yoghurt at least once a week to keep it healthy and active.
9. Remember, you will only be able to re-culture a limited number of times.
Feel free to experiment with flavouring your yoghurt. The important thing to remember is to always remove enough organic Polish natural yoghurt to re-culture the next batch before you add any flavourings.
If you have more than one fermenting food culture at home, we recommend that you keep them at least 1 metre apart from each other at all times. This is to stop cross contamination of the different cultures. If you are working with dairy in particular, this is very important. Please contact us is you require further assistance with fermenting more than one culture.
Powered by BetterDocs